Macintosh Management Solutions
So why should "Macintosh management" be differentiated from Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
• Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions were architected for the modern-day "mobile" OS, the first of which was the iOS operating system in 2007
• Mac OS X is a Unix-based computer OS released by Apple in 2000 with an architecture that is very different from that of a mobile operating system
Conclusion: The best solution for Macintosh management should be purpose-built specifically for Mac OS X, leveraging Unix, command line, shell scripts, etc...
• We believe that soution is the Casper Suite from JAMF Software •
So, let's take a quick look at how IBM is deploying 1,900 Macintosh computers a week using the Casper Suite from JAMF Software. It is quite amazing to note that IBM chose JAMF Software's solution over their own MaaS360 MDM product which was acquired by IBM from FileNet in 2006.
An observation by Robert Hammen of MC Services, as quoted on JAMF Software's webpage:
"Bottom line is, a generic tool that offers limited support for a platform is far less useful/productive than a platform-specific tool that has a history of 12 years of development behind it.
Senior Systems Engineer, MC Services
How BFA Technologies, Inc. can help
We would love the opportunity to help you better understand the many advantages of Macintosh management software and to specifically introduce you to the Casper Suite from JAMF Software
BFA has tremendous experience with JAMF Software solutions
• BFA is an authorized reseller of JAMF Software
• BFA provides hosting of the Casper Suite from JAMF Software as a part of our Managed Services offerings
• BFA has (2) Sr. Consultants who are certified members of JAMF Software's integrator program
• Collectively, BFA has assisted (103) JAMF Software clients with (206) days of JAMF Software OS X JumpStarts all across the U.S.